Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Decorating for Christmas

I love the Christmas season! I get excited when it rolls around each year. 


If you've read my blog for very long, you'll know that I love just about anything vintage. Christmas is my favorite time to use vintage decor. 


My trio of handmade snow globes pairs well with two Sugared Birch candles from the Hearth and Hand With Magnolia collection at Target. FYI: They smell amazing! I was content with the just taller one but then when I went to Target the other day the shorter one hopped into my basket and I let it stay. :)



The pillow I purchased at Marshalls last year, is a nice pop of color on my white bedding. This pillow is a favorite of Pinky's. I catch her all the time rubbing it, sleeping next to it, or just sitting there beside it. I don't know what it is that attracts her. Silly kitty!



The top shelf of my cart holds a few (of my many) copies of A Christmas Carol and a  little vintage tree.



On the bottom shelf of the cart  is one of my vintage cameras and a Bess Streeter Aldrich Christmas book I found at an antique store a year or so ago.



On the shelf above my chair I have a few pieces of a new metal nativity I bought in Lancaster this past October. The whole set includes a star, a couple wisemen, a shepherd, another sheep, a cow, and a donkey. I didn't have room to put the whole set out this year but whenever I have my own home to decorate, I'll use all the pieces. 





My dresser is where I put my small tree. (More on that in another post coming soon.) Next to it, I have a peppermint candle and a jarful of red ornaments that were my great-aunt Lynn's.



I am again using the old crate that I found up in the attic of the new house when we moved. It's a perfect place to put Christmas packages waiting to be handed out on Christmas day. 



2 comments:

Debby Ray said...

I love the simplicity of your Christmas décor, Kati...and I admire that wonderful collection of your vintage "A Christmas Carol" books...my very favorite Christmastime story. Happy Wednesday!

Barbara F. said...

Everything is so sweet and lovely.