Thursday, April 4, 2013

Collections: Books - My Reading Nook

Do you have a reading nook at your house? A favorite chair you like to relax in? Or perhaps that hammock on a warm summer day?

I have several reading nooks. At night I read in bed, during a winter day I choose to stay close to the fire, but on a nice sunny warm day, I like head up to my window seat and relax with a book. 

The window seat also attracts the cat who loves to lounge there of a morning when the sun-patches are available for her to soak up.

 


Another nice thing is that the bookshelves are right next to the window seat so I can reach right over if I want a certain book. 



Some of the books you might find on my shelf are:
Winnie-the-Pooh by A. A. Milne
Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom
Until We Reach Home by Lynn Austin
Sleeping Murder by Agatha Christie
Across the Wide and Lonesome Prairie
     (Dear America) by Kristiana Gregory
The Lord of the Rings trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien





What are some books on your shelves?



There is still time to enter the book themed giveaway...


1 comment:

Barbara F. said...

As I've mentioned, I love your window seat!! I would read all day long if I had a nice bright sunny spot like that. I usually read while sitting on my couch, lately if I read in bed, I fall asleep right away! xo