Saturday, June 9, 2012

T-shirt Turned Cute

What do you do when you have an old t-shirt with a hole in it and a good t-shirt of the exact same color? Embellish the good one, of course! The next think you have to do is figure out how to embellish it...

Hmmm...what to do, what to do? I found several great ideas but nothing had all the right elements I was looking for. But what was I looking for?

Enter Twigg Studios.

I can't even remember how I came across this blog. Maybe through a linky party? Maybe through pinterest? But however I came across it, it had the thing!

I decided to pin the idea so that when I got around to doing this project I had the inspiration photo right at my finger tips mouse click.

Want to know what the idea was?

Inspiration photo and link

YO-YOS



The plain  t-shirt without any embellishment.


I cut out ten big (cd pattern) size and 40 little (2 1/2 inch circle) size yo-yos then arranged them on the shirt in the way I wanted. I tried several different patterns before coming up with one I liked. I sewed them all on the shirt and even added a few more to fill in some gaps.


"New" t-shirt with yo-yo embellishment.

And just for fun, I made a new headband to go along with the shirt. Made out of a piece of a piece of white with small pink flower design cord and three pink yo-yos I had in my collection that match perfectly, I now have a new outfit.



Photos 1 and 3 were taken by Bekah.

:: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Linking up to Kristin's The Dress Project where you take a dress or shirt and redesign it.







3 comments:

Marianela said...

That looks so cute! Great job making it, Kati! :)

aimee said...

Yours turned out great im glad i inspired you xxx

Frances said...

Kati, I love your creativity and your skill. Your "new" t-shirt looks beautiful! One day, I can see you opening your own little shop, featuring homemade bread and pastries and hand-sewn gifts. I would surely visit you there, with purse in hand.