Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Sisters

Sisters



Sisters



There were never such devoted sisters



Never had to have a chaperone "No, Sir"
I'm here to keep my eye on her



Caring



Sharing
Every little thing that we are wearing



When a certain gentleman arrived from Rome
She wore the dress and I stayed home


All kinds of weather
We stick together



The same in the rain or sun
Two Three diff'rent faces



But in tight places
We think and we act as one



Those who've
Seen us
Know that not a thing could come between us



Many men have tried to split us up but no one can
Lord help the mister
Who come between me and my sister
And Lord help the sister
Who comes betweet me and my man


--song lyrics by Irving Berlin sung in the movie White Christmas




***To turn off my main mixpod to listen to this song, go down to
the bottom of this blog and click the pause button.

8 comments:

Cheryl said...

Love, love, love this! ♥ ♥ ♥

Kim at Thistle Dew said...

Precious, precious, precious post!

Frances said...

This is just the sweetest post ever, Kati! I adore the photos, especially the ones that are older, when you were younger. And such lyrics! What would the world be without sisters! I'm so glad we will never have to know!

Kristin said...

Checking in from the library (grrrr...), but love this post!

Anonymous said...

Kati,
This is a great post! I love my sisters too - I wish we were all as amicable as you and your sisters all the time!
Alissa

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Sweet!

no spring chicken said...

I love what you did with this Katie... we have some devoted sisters here too and I don't know if you ever saw this post. If not, check it out. Great minds think alike. You're mom and I have already established that. :)

http://prinetimeprinepen.blogspot.com/2011/08/devoted-sisters.html

Blessings, Debbie

Sue said...

I enjoyed this sooo much, I too have sisters and we have a special bond too. Thank you for sharing.
Hugs,
Sue