Sunday, January 1, 2012

'Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus

'Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus
words by Louisa Stead

’Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
And to take Him at His Word;
Just to rest upon His promise,
And to know, “Thus says the Lord!”

O how sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to trust His cleansing blood;
And in simple faith to plunge me
’Neath the healing, cleansing flood!

Yes, ’tis sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just from sin and self to cease;
Just from Jesus simply taking
Life and rest, and joy and peace.

I’m so glad I learned to trust Thee,
Precious Jesus, Savior, Friend;
And I know that Thou art with me,
Wilt be with me to the end.

Refrain:
Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
How I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
O for grace to trust Him more!

~ ~ ~

In you our ancestors put their trust; they trusted and you delivered them. To you they cried out and were saved; in you they trusted and were not put to shame.
-- Psalm 22:4-5

1 comment:

Frances said...

This is one of my favorite hymns, Kati. "O for grace to trust Him more." What an appropriate prayer as we enter a new year. Thank you for turning my thoughts towards these words this morning. "Jesus, Jesus ... precious Jesus." Precious, indeed.