Sunday, February 20, 2011

Leaning on the Everlasting Arms

Leaning on the Everlasting Arms
words by Elisha Hoffman

What a fellowship, what a joy divine,
Leaning on the everlasting arms;
What a blessedness, what a peace is mine,
Leaning on the everlasting arms.

O how sweet to walk in this pilgrim way,
Leaning on the everlasting arms;
O how bright the path grows from day to day,
Leaning on the everlasting arms.

What have I to dread, what have I to fear,
Leaning on the everlasting arms;
I have blessed peace with my Lord so near,
Leaning on the everlasting arms.

Refrain
Leaning, leaning, safe and secure from all alarms;
Leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms.

~~~
“The eternal God is your Refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms.” ~ Deuteronomy 33:27

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I love Selah's version of this!

Cheryl said...

1) This song is on page 22 of "Hymns of the Spirit"...and no, I did not have to look it up.

2) The Scripture verse reminds me of Elisabeth Elliot for she signed on with that verse on her radio program for years. I still miss her program.

3) The words of this hymn are wonderful!

4) I love Selah's version too, Kristin. :-)